Thursday, October 30, 2008

Politics

I definitely used to have set out views on politics.  I will admit that I was one of those people who liked republicans just because I was a Christian.  Now I have changed.  Now I am wondering if Christians really should be so in to politics.  I mean I have no problem with being excited with how the government works and all of that.  But should we really be expecting to get the kind of change that Christ wants to see through the avenue of politics?  Should we be labeling people as the “Matthew 25” president?  I really do not think so at all. 

Christ has called us to be the ones to be the change we want to see in the world.  He has called us to feed the hungry and to clothe the poor.  I honestly believe that we shouldn’t look to the government to do that.  Yes, they most certainly can help, but should we put our hope and trust in them? 

No, we should not.  As a follower of Christ our hope and trust should be placed in the hands of God.  We should be willing to do the things that Christ has called us to do.  If Christians actually lived out what they believed, and are told to do by Jesus himself, the world would see the change that presidential hopefuls claim they can bring. 

Yes, I do have my views on politics.  And I do believe in certain rights, and in certain ideologies.  But I will not look to a president to bring change.  Either republican or democrat.  They simply cannot bring about all that they promise. 

My vote is with Christ and what he has called us to do.  We are to do whatever necessary to bring the Kingdom to earth.  Yes, I will cast my vote for the next president of the USA, but I will not do it because I think that will bring about huge change in America.

“Be the change you want to see in the world”

No comments: